1 John 4:16-18
- Storms don't stay.
- Thinking changes when stuff on the outside gets on the inside
- Alcohol on the outside hurts no one, but when it get on the it affects the person
- Jesus is not affective on the outside, but when you are infected with Jesus- it changes you.
- People who are successful don't allow the storms or circumstances of life to come inside.
- Stopping hanging with people who are going to poke holes in your boat/life. Negative thinking and people who tell you to quit.
- Luke 6:5 What are you going through? Is it getting in you? What am I talking about, what is getting inside me?
- You can feed your Fears until they become reality. Fear is demonic faith. Job 3:25
- Tell your problem how big your God is, rather then tell your God how big your problem is.
- Jesus healed differently so we wouldn't fall in love with the way he healed, but with the healer.
- You can be scared of the circumstances and the solution. This can cause you to live in one place while life passes you by.
- You can't think when your scared, you need to be trained in faith. So that in the moment you can handle it. It's your nature. It's your instinct.
- When you face crisis what's inside comes out.
- Surround yourself with people who will bring you up, not pull you down.
- Skate board analogy: Don't want to try skateboarding because you've seen too many people fall and such on videos.
- Being scared of something you only see, and then passing that fear on to our children.
- Focus eyes on where you are going, not what could happen.
- Peter walked on water until he got self concious.
- Don't allow people to intimidate you for what God has for you.
- Keeps you away from something valuable by deceiving you. Meant to deter you from trying.
- Perfect Love casts out all fear
- 1 Corinthians 13:13 ..and these three remain Faith, Hope and Love. The greatest of these is love
- Faith: What is the scarecrow that is stopping your faith? What is keeping you from having a a relationship with Christ. From serving? From going to church? Belong, believe, behave
- Hope: what are you hoping for?
- Love: Peter and Judas both betrayed the Lord. But Judas stopped and built a monument to his failure. Peter kept going and what was once the story of his life, became a sentence in his whole book.
- Belong, believe, behave
- Don't stop and build a monument to your failure, keep going.
- When you remove the scarecrow in your life, you are left with the cross.
- God wants a relationship with you. He loves you. He wants you to live fear free.
- No shame, Jesus set you free